Empowering Schools and Communities in Rural India
What are the challenges?
What is the aim of the project?
To enable primary and secondary school girls from marginalised communities to continue their education and complete secondary school to transform their lives and secure their future.
What are the main activities?
- Working closely with parents and communities on awareness-raising and sensitisation projects that promote female education, including setting up village-level child protection committees
- Creating “girls-together” groups at the local level, which provide leadership training for young women and adolescent women’s health training
- Providing gender sensitisation training to teachers, village leaders and school management committees
- Building and repairing girl’s toilets at secondary schools and providing sanitary pads to adolescent girls
- Providing safe transportation to school for adolescent girls, including the distribution of bicycles to the poorest girls