What are the challenges?
What is the aim of the project?
What are the main activities?
- Working closely with parents and communities on awareness-raising and sensitisation projects that promote female education, including setting up village-level child protection committees
- Creating “girls-together” groups at the local level, which provide leadership training for young women and adolescent women’s health training
- Providing gender sensitisation training to teachers, village leaders and school management committees
- Building and repairing girl’s toilets at secondary schools and providing sanitary pads to adolescent girls
- Providing safe transportation to school for adolescent girls, including the distribution of bicycles to the poorest girls