Madhya Pradesh and Uttar PradeshDonate to this appeal
What are the challenges?
What is the aim of the project?
What are the main activities?
- Raising awareness among migrant households of, and connecting them to, social security benefits
- Training ‘barefoot counsellors’ to provide psychological first aid to traumatized return migrants and their families and refer them to further mental health services
- Capacity building and training for government workers and community clubs to properly respond to returning migrants
- Funding a toll-free telephone helpline
- Facilitating the re-recruitment of migrant labourers into non-exploitative jobs